Thread: General invite to attend undergraduate COIN course via Skype & in person

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default General invite to attend undergraduate COIN course via Skype & in person

Hi all,

Further to my previous couple of posts, I'm teaching a COIN seminar through Tufts' ExCollege. This is the second time I'm teaching COIN. The previous course was in bog-standard lecture format. This time it's supposed to be student-driven and highly interactive.

First half of the course deals with Iraq; second half with Afghanistan (aka urban/rural COIN). Each half starts at tactical perspective; we then move into the operational and finally the strategic level.

The class runs Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1800-1915 EST.

To enable wider participation, I'm setting up Skype teleconferences that will broadcast every class and allow those on the line to get involved in the conversation (although I request moderation, since the students should still do most of the talking).

Of course there's also the option of making your way to Tufts' campus just north of Boston.

If you're interested in participating, please pm me with your skype id and I'll include you in the conference call that starts at 17:55 (or give you the room number).

We've got some highly decorated Marine NCOs coming to this week's classes in order to speak about their combat experiences. I'll update as appropriate with details of further guests.

Syllabus follows (with dates).

-Toby

PS: There's also a COIN simulation on the weekend of March 6th, if you're interested in participating as an advisor, opfor, civilian or NGO.
    Last edited by Meh; 01-26-2009 at 09:57 PM.