Quote Originally Posted by Marvin.Iavecchia View Post
this is an issue that impacts the morale, well-being, and good order and discipline of fighting men and women... therefore an appropriate topic here. anywhere we can get this issue seen and heard will help. I have posted to AKO Knowledge Centers (for transition teams). I will take up you advice and look for a general forum to post as well. thanks!
My Dear Major, you will, I think, find that Our Army has ever and shall ever discriminate against whomever it very well pleases, in the interest of accomplishing its mission of National Defense. This Mission First attitude is actually one of the most admirable traits of Our Army for me personally. Even if I sympathise with the single, the obese, the female, the convicted, the gay or other groups who are collectively & individually discriminated against by Our Army and its many seperate policies & regulations, I sleep much sounder at night knowing that we are focused primarily on defense "This We'll Defend" being Our Motto.

Seperately I wish to draw your attention to the fact that our Nation is in the midst of a great financial and monetary crisis and certain belt tightening measures are in order, even within Our beloved Military-Industrial Complex. Priorities will shift from one administration to another; if Our C-in-c and Our Congress see fit to withdraw dubious payments from our Servicemembers then so be it.

Military service is a sacrifice and is not for everyone. I'm certain you can understand that while I respect the opposite opinion to mine, as a devoted lover of capitalism, I also hate waste.