Not too long ago, I read this post over at Bill and Bob's Excellent Afghan Adventure.

As we moved into the Ghain, the TF Fury soldiers came into direct support of my sad peschak. Mind you, we had been given very little time with these cats to prepare them for this operation, concentrating our efforts on the most dangerous aspect; house clearing. The ANP moved exactly as I have described them; like a herd of cats. Their tactical movement bore scant resemblance to the tactical movement of the more highly trained ANA and no resemblance whatsoever to the movements of the elite kids from the 82nd. The airborne troops held my peschak-ha in absolute disdain. They couldn't get enough of amusing themselves derisively at the ANP's expense. While the ANP couldn't understand a word that was said, they understood every word that was said.

Disrespect requires no translation.

It took a lot of work to help my ANP through the Psyops that were laid on them by these "highly-trained, elite" soldiers of the Airborne Pride of the Army. I wanted to butt-stroke the muscle-headed airborne bastards.
My question for the council is, how can a platoon or company commander develop more cultural awareness in his command? I've read Cavguy's posts regarding how there is literally not enough time to do all of the officially required training. In between the safety instructions, combat training, and the rest, how can junior officers give their men a better understanding of their mission and cultural context in which they are operating?

Or am I in my ignorance seeing a problem where there is none?