I've been about discussions (efforts?) to expand the NSC and strenghten the hand of James Jones.

One blog states the following:

"A Hill foreign policy hand writes, "Picking up on this excerpt from your post: 'As Scowcroft said often, the national security advisor job has two main components. ... Staffing the president ... and running the national security process. And it's a balancing act.' I wonder if Obama has smartly structured his NSC so that he is relying on Jones and [deputy national security advisor Thomas] Donilon to run the interagency process while relying on Denis [McDonough]/[NSC chief of staff] Mark [Lippert] to do the POTUS staffing work – at which they are very good and experienced based on their campaign time. Sort of a division of labor to allow everyone to maximize their strengths."
I have little experience or understanding of these issues and potential outcomes. What I am intersted in understanding is how this is likely to shake down and what the overall impact will be on national security. Will this work?