Quote Originally Posted by slapout9
Hate to bring this up but 911 was a classic EBO operation. I saw EBO applied to the breakup of a drug organization by a DEA task force in Montgomery,Al. which included a five rings analysis. Maybe the military had a training problem and tried to use it before everyone completley understood it? If this seems rude I do not mean it that way, but I think there is merit in the process based on my experience with it.
The issue is not effects, the military understands this very well, it is where some within DoD believe the direction EBO should go. Much of this "future" is overly reliant on an automated method to produce measures of effectiveness (Operatinal Net Assessment is an example of this). Ain't going to happen.

Once again, do not confuse having a negatvie opinion where EBO is going with a total disregard with the utility of effects based operations.

Also, do not confuse bumper-sticker concepts that repackage tried and true doctrine or high-tech solutions to low-tech problems with progress.