Rob: Discussed your questions at length today, adaptation at what levels? Adaptation of? Very broad stroke that we took into about 5 different directions, just wondering what you were trying to pin down. Meets the operational CDRs how? Again what level and what needs were you thinking?
No, I've learned that when I get an opportunity to ask guys at that level a question it is often good to build in the flexibility to let them take it where they want to go some. Often they will give me a better answer than my question deserved and then ask if they answered my question - at which point you might get a freebie and get to ask them something that only came up as a result of their answer.

If you were going to pin him down though -

I'd be interested in hearing about adaptation in the generating force - anything more specific may be to focused.

With respect to meeting the Operational requirements of CDRs I think its probably appropriate to keep it at the JTF, Sub Unified CMD, GCC and special (the -I and STCA Cmds). He may have to get into the lower echelons to talk about it. It seems we are understanding there are more and more discreet capabilities and ESS (Enabler Support and Sustainment) functions that are needed but they are not easy to generate under the generation and employment paradigm we've built.

Best, Rob