Ron,

Good question. I think those classes are roughly comparable to the court jester's of the feudal age, though today they are certainly more wealthy and more famous. In this sense, I think what is important is that those classes are dependent on the patronage of the elite and wealthy business/political leaders. Therefore to some degree the entertainer classes project the four masks.

To clarify, unlike Marx where he claims that one class dominants society and that all major features of that society reflects the interests of the single dominant class, I think there are a large variety of classes, some strong and some weak. Depending on the size of the society in question, and the relationship of those classes with one another, there can be a number of dominant classes, either competing or cooperating with one another. Here I would differentiate (though I did not do so in my original argument) between classes and factions, whereas the first represents an objective, permanent and materialist categorization reflecting the position of the classes in relationship to the society's hub of power (which I would further argue is always economic), the latter represents a subjective, temporary, and abstract categorization evolving as the classes compete, cooperate, divide or unite.