Saw this on the SWJ rollup today.

"Key Iraq Training Units Still Being Developed." by Spencer Ackerman. The Washington Independent. http://washingtonindependent.com/320...eing-developed

After the Combat Troop pullout, the new Advisory and Assistance Brigades (AAB) will replace BCTs in Iraq, and make up the bulk of the 50,000 +/- force in Iraq. With the new timeline on the horizon, there will be urgency to figure out the final mission, makeup, and structure of the AAB's. According to the article, there is still debate on what size, support, personnel, and most importantly, mission they will have. There is also question if they will join Iraqi units on combat missions, as some units and TT's do now. LTC Nagl's Advisor Corps is mentioned, and article speculates that he is giving advice when asked. SWJ also gets a shout-out.

This is our future in Iraq, and this article didn't seem to get much attention, so here it is. At a sensing session last year, I asked GEN Casey about the future of the MiTT mission (I expected to get one out of CCC, and that looks likely), and he answered that Brigades would take on the mission, and training would move to Polk. This leads me to wonder if TTs, as they are currently manned and structured, will continue after this summer, when Polk assumes the TT training mission? Will AAB's rotate through Polk for an advisor JRTC? Will individuals continue filling teams?