Hello All, I am new and find this site fantastic.

I would have to say I have seen nothing but bias in the HUMINT field. It is a difficult thing to overcome; eliminating your biases in order to conduct quality analysis of another human being (whether for truthfulness or behavioral symptoms analysis). I believe we MUST understand our own ideologies, values and beliefs thoroughly before daring to understand another's. Rare is the HUMINT collector who actually engages in an intense level of self-examination because the OPTEMPO is too high or they are too busy trying to get their kids to remember who they are between deployments....

Perceptions and expectations of the role, nature, usefulness, and methods of intelligence? That work is left almost entirely up to the NCO and Warrant Officer, who must consistently sell their 2x at any level on their capabilities and even what the difference between CI and HUMINT is. I find this a rather daunting task. Should it not be the job of the NCO and Warrant to conduct, manage and supervise those operations vice educating their commander or 2x why they are there in the first place?

So I would say your question is very well placed and deserving of much enquiry from the Command of any unit, perhaps even the Army G2X, in order to eradicate the nonsense of deploying our dedicated men and women to do nothing because of preconcieved notions, misconceptions or previous experiences.