Thread: Alabama Rampage Shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Alabama Rampage Shooting

Link to the South Alabama shooting rampage. Started as a domestic violence incident and then escalated. 10 confirmed dead including the gunman, several injured, 2 are in serious condition. News conference scheduled for early this morning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/...24506#29624506

Council Member

I'm guessing that this will either be blamed on the gun or on the NRA. Had this occurred 2 months ago, it would have been easier to assign blame to one individual: George W. Bush.

While I do not suspect that this was terrorism, it reminds me of an earlier thread. Random yahoo kills 10 with relative ease and could have killed more if he really wanted to. Just imagine what a dedicated terrorist could do. It still amazes me that we haven't seen it.

Council Member

16 dead in German School Shooting

Curious to see how their reaction, if any, differs from ours, if any.

Default Interesting read

Alabama Murder Mystery Solved: The Shocking Story Of How A Chicken-Slaughtering Billionaire Plundered Rural America, By Mark Ames. The eXiled, March 13th, 2009.

If we study the motive for Michael McLendon’s shooting rampage Tuesday, which left 11 bodies across three towns in southern Alabama, and we look at the bizarre way that the causes of the shooting are being hushed up, you begin to understand why this uniquely-Reaganomics-inspired crime started in the United States, and continues to plague us.

But of all the inexplicable circumstances surrounding the murder spree, one of the oddest has to be the way Alabama authorities went from focusing hard on solving the shooter’s motive to suddenly dropping the issue like a hot potato and running away from the scene of the crime, as if they didn’t like what their investigation produced.

Council Member

Default Background

The eXile and Mark Ames - see the War Nerd is still at it.

Arrow Yep I actually tried to get through the entire thing

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    The eXile and Mark Ames - see the War Nerd is still at it.
    And just couldn't due to the fact that the author has such a blatant disdain for Reagan (apparently in any context) and thus tends to attempt tying any and every injustice ever done to him

That and the fact that I as with millions of other people who were bullied by someone or another in life and spent a lot of time working harder while making less

1- Realize that life's not fair

2-Don't feel the necessity to go out and shoot up the place just because of it.

Sorry just can't buy what the author's sellin
    Any man can destroy that which is around him, The rare man is he who can find beauty even in the darkest hours

Cogitationis poenam nemo patitur