Thread: SECDEF's DoD Budget Proposals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTX ret View Post
    Okay, first of all, how do UAV's, as well as most electronic communications, react to a electronics warfare rich environment? My sources say there are problems. It's not just us, who are going to experience back/gray outs but everybody will. Again if my sources are right, electronic warfare is keeping pace with everything else technical in the world's militaries. We arent the only one working heavily on this problem. We also may not be the biggest bully on the block. When we can safely say we have solved all the problems, why do I suppose that they'll come up with a question we haven't asked ourselves yet? It's the nature of warfare.
    UAV's are tasty targets. They are on a high stakes totally secure network. Just ask anybody in the USAF. They are hardened, encrypted, restricted, and totally cut off from other networks physically so they can be secure. Why sorta just like SIPR net!! Nobody has ever hacked or exploited SIPR net right?

Take the UAV control system and the vehicle. Now tell me where ALL the parts came from originally.

UAV's would make a heck of a botnet.... zombie UAV's ... Now that is apocalyptic.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

UAV's would make a heck of a botnet.... zombie UAV's ... Now that is apocalyptic.
    SkyNet became self aware

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    SkyNet became self aware
    That's my other summer project.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    That's my other summer project.
    I need to see the movie, even if it's getting bad reviews.