Thread: Coin and counterdrug ops

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Good paper...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan6 View Post
    Gentlemen,
    For your review and comment. No worries I have thick skin. In the words of the best 1SG I ever had "I might take your advice...and I might not." I had to split it in two due to file size. Understand I'm limited to 16 pages. It could easily be 80.

I would have preferred to do it in MS Word but couldn't make it work. Sorry.

Good paper (text format is fine), it makes sense and squares with some of my observations and experiences.

Three Up: I appreciated the use of vignettes, that you care about your community, and that you are using your military skills to move our country forward.

Three Down: I wonder about the funding stability/sustainability of your proposal..does the Mayor's office have the tax base for this? Do you have a business plan, metrics, and cost/benefit analysis (cost estimate for the proposed staffing)? The Sweat Equity/Community Buy In Plan could be further reinforced.

Possible assists:

Are you fully leveraging what your local public health office, juvenile detention center, community college/university, and police bring to the table in terms of funded services, grant-writing capabilities, networks, and neighborhood knowledge? Is the local community college/university interested in producing supporting GIS maps for your project as a semester project?

Here is a marketing analysis methodology and USAID Value Chain Analysis methodology which may be of assistance with your ASCOPE analysis.

You might consider getting a legal analysis/review of your project from the JAG: Posse Comitatus Act
    Last edited by Surferbeetle; 08-24-2009 at 03:19 AM.
    Sapere Aude