I did not comment on your initial post in this thread because in my opinion it said nothing. Others have commented and, essentially, expressed the thought that you really said nothing new -- and your response to that is to provide short, snippy comments that essentially do not seem communicate your thoughts at all well. I suggest that if six people -- and I make seven -- have said that your point is not well understood, then perhaps you should look at what you are trying to accomplish and rephrase significantly some of your more pithy comments.

For example
Quote Originally Posted by Coined View Post
If it is all old news, why then do we still follow the "old school", because it is part of our comfortzone??
Because Armies, Nations and People (as a group) all change slowly. New ideas get adopted as they appear and if they seem to make sense. People frequently will learn new things and use them but succeeding generations discard those things as irrelevant -- then a new crisis appears and things get 'rediscovered' and eventually get embedded as standard practice.

The world has been operating in that fashion for thousands of years and that is unlikely to change. So, yes, the comfort zone aspect is part of it, National psyches and penchants are part of it, the dynamics of situations are part of it -- and human fallibility is involved in all those . Also involved are group dynamics

Only the young who have no use for history don't know all that -- or pretend as if they do not.
By the way, the ball is in OUR court!!
What does this mean. Specifically:

Of what Ball are you speaking, that is what specifically do you think should be done?

Follow on questions:

Is anyone doing or trying to do what you think should be done? If yes, who and how successfully? If not, who and why not?