Thread: Why do liberal professors hate the military?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default hmmm...

I've been contemplating whether to post, but since its a decent story I'll go ahead whether it moves the thread forward or not...

I attended what is routinely regarded the most liberal of Illinois public universities (NIU)... whose liberal traditions date back to well before the campus radicals raided and burnt down the ROTC offices back in the Vietnam era...

Northern Illinois Peace Activist Committee, John Lennon Society and the Gay-Lesbian Union routinely "picketed/protested" our weekly labs in which we mostly marched around in circles... rather humorous to be honest since I'm convinced none of the participants really had a solid idea why they were marching in protest (except maybe the Gay-Lesbian consituents)...

In my senior year, I was a social science course short and had no choice (based on scheduling constraints) but to take a course with the Campus' most notorious card carrying communist... he literally took great pride in displaying his communist party membership card, and of course my lab immediately followed the class period so I was always front and center in my uniform...

I was convinced that he intentionally spouted the most ridiculous BS just to piss me off, I literally took exception with nearly every discussion item he presented to the class... my graded course work after the final exam = D...

I simply refused to give him the answers he wanted... so needing at least a B to finish with a 3.0 GPA, I went in to see Dr K....

He greeted me very cordially and was surprised that I wanted to come in and discuss my grade since it never seemed to concern me in the past... then he let me know that he had already intended to give me an A for vigor in which I engaged him during class....

Go figure...

Have fun storming the castle err.. admissions office...
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4

This is a plaque on the Purdue campus. The word academy has it's roots fully entrenched in the realm of veterans.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.