Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The question...

Default Commodians all...

Did I spell that right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    This is a great comedy.
    We aim to please...
    Rice bowls, ego issues, etc. are just part of the DoD culture, so just roll with it and enjoy the food fight. We need to stay focused on getting the mission accomplished in spite of the great comedy.
    True, it all works out...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    I also think three really excellent questions are (1) Will there in fact be a long war? (2) If so, should SOCOM have the lead or should State have it? If the combat effort is confined to the current locales, should CentCom have the lead? (Scary on several levels I know but the bulk of our force effiort is in that AO; the other stuff around the world ha some effect on that but not a great deal).That's the American way, we've done that in every war since I was born -- including WW II. We always adjust if the pressure is severe -- so far, since 2001, it has not been. Pressure on some people and some units has been heavy at time but even that has not been constant. Overall for the Armed forces and the Nation, pressure is no worse than moderate.
    Excellent questions, and of course any of these changes would be mandated by others (congress). This thread does tie in with the debate on Advisors- just from a different angle.

If this conflict persist, we'll probably see some type of legislation forcing reorganization. Just hope we get the proper balance.

For now, we can just stay focused on the current fight

v/r

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Rice bowls, ego issues, etc. are just part of the DoD culture, so just roll with it and enjoy the food fight. We need to stay focused on getting the mission accomplished in spite of the great comedy.
    I just can't believe that anyone in the services or DoD would let these things influence thinking! D:(note: laced with laughter)

Boot