Quote Originally Posted by tequila View Post
I was referring to the broader cultural trend, not just a single case. In most cases, snitching will happen between people who know each other.
But what about when it doesn't? Is that still considered snitching. The report I watched talked about snitching evolving recently into non-related witnesses in court cases. Maybe not where the trend started, but now that's where it's at. Any person who testifies in any court against anyone is a snitch and apparently deserves death.

Glorification of criminality in music intended for the youth market does not equate broad-based community support for criminality.
That maybe true, but isn't it plausible to assume that many of the extended families have a truant or two in the familiy involved in illegal activity in the ghetto. Is that an assumption that can be made? Obviously families aren't going to rat out there own, so I believe that somewhat.

The vast majority of rap music is consumed outside of the ghettos.
What do they listen to in the ghetto? Frank Sinatra? I think youths look up to rappers. Maybe I'm wrong. They aren't helping.

The vast majority of snitches, as I said, are criminals looking to trade their associates to get out from under a charge. The stop snitching "movement", as it was, is not really aimed at the average everyday person who witnesses a crime, as these folks are rare.
Apparently it's evolving past the criminal element looking to get out of a charge or make a plea deal. It's evolved to anyone that witnessed a crime. Which I don't believe it's "rare". Most crimes have victims.