Thread: COIN Reading Lists (merged)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Essays on COIN in Iraq and Afghanistan at the Tactical Level of War

SWJ members,
    While attending the AUSA Convention I ran into an old friend, John Antal. He represents EFW (publishes articles pertaining to the Warfighter). For 2008 EFW is looking to publish articles on COIN in SWA. Fom the many and varied posts here at SWJ there are those who deserve to be read. Here is the link: http://www.efw1.com.
    Good luck.
    Best regards--
    Kreker
    Last edited by jcustis; 10-22-2007 at 08:38 PM. Reason: fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by Kreker View Post
    SWJ members,
    While attending the AUSA Convention I ran into an old friend, John Antal. He represents EFW (publishes articles pertaining to the Warfighter). For 2008 EFW is looking to publish articles on COIN in SWA. Fom the many and varied posts here at SWJ there are those who deserve to be read. Here is the link: http://www.efw1.com.
    Good luck.
    Best regards--
    Kreker
    Is COL Antal doing a "Choose your own adventure" book for COIN? He was the Armor School Head (16 CAV) when I went through CCC. Would be a neat concept.
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavguy View Post
    Is COL Antal doing a "Choose your own adventure" book for COIN? He was the Armor School Head (16 CAV) when I went through CCC. Would be a neat concept.
    Hi Cavguy,
    John was signing copies of the 2007 Forests of Steel, Modern City Combat From the War in Vietnam to the Battle for Iraq. That book is a collection of articles written by current Soldiers and retired Soldiers. He's trying to get more interest from the Army in providing articles to the 2008 book.
    John is a good guy and is doing his part to maintain currency with the Army at war.
    Best regards,
    Kreker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreker View Post
    Hi Cavguy,
    John was signing copies of the 2007 Forests of Steel, Modern City Combat From the War in Vietnam to the Battle for Iraq. That book is a collection of articles written by current Soldiers and retired Soldiers. He's trying to get more interest from the Army in providing articles to the 2008 book.
    John is a good guy and is doing his part to maintain currency with the Army at war.
    Best regards,
    Kreker.
    I've read a number of his books, being an Armor Officer and such. I remember at Knox he always walked around carrying a saber. The reason I asked was your post jogged my memory about his tactical decision book about NTC, and I just realized that something like that would be useful for COIN.
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavguy View Post
    I've read a number of his books, being an Armor Officer and such. I remember at Knox he always walked around carrying a saber. The reason I asked was your post jogged my memory about his tactical decision book about NTC, and I just realized that something like that would be useful for COIN.
    I thought that name was familiar...[insert forehead-slapping smilie here]
    "On the plains and mountains of the American West, the United States Army had once learned everything there was to learn about hit-and-run tactics and guerrilla warfare."
    T.R. Fehrenbach This Kind of War