I'm currently taking a graduate-level course on ArcGIS and geospatial analysis. As part of this course, I will be required to do a project on a topic of my choosing. Afghanistan will be my focus and rather than do something simply for a grade, I would like to help with a real-world problem in Afghanistan. So this is a call to the council for ideas/suggestions on a topic for my project. If you're in Afghanistan and there is some question you have that geospatial analysis can help answer, please PM me or post here.

Of course, since this is for a class, I have some significant LIMFACS:

1. Time: The course ends in late August, so I must have the project done by then. Additionally, if you need something by next week, I probably can't help you there either.

2. Classification: I have to use unclassified data, though FOUO might be possible.

3. Data: I need to be able to get the relevant data to answer the question. I don't really care what format it's in - I can process or format it as needed. There is a lot of data out there, but much of it is proprietary or held by NGO and other organizations and not directly published. Some of this I can acquire, some I cannot. If you have the data, that would be ideal.

4. Scope: It will just be me working on this project, so please bear that in mind.

Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome! Thanks!