View Poll Results: Would wearing an SWJ or SWC T-Shirt Make You Stand Tall Before The Man?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 87.72%
  • No

7 12.28%

Thread: SWJ and SWC T-Shirts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Hey Slap, ....

You could have got these by Googling - "Have Gun Will Travel" decosta - ending up with Case 1, Case 2 and Case 3 - all of which would give me a headache if I read them.

------------------------------
    Back to the serious business at hand.

The crossed AR-AK seems a good framework (admitted bias since my dad wore the crossed muskets), but the materials in the center are too cluttered. They suggest a combo with the baret & books = a Studies & Observations Group - for real, not a euphemism as in the original. Do we not study and make observations ?

A takeoff on the MACV-SOG patch seems too much to me - too much death out of the skies. Maybe put the baret on top of one open book, logoed SWJ-SOG ?

-----------------------
    I think there should be a place for Clear, Hold, Build (as the second line in the title under Small Wars Journal) - and this is not picking a fight with you, Wilf ...

since I tend to agree with ...

FIND, FIX, STRIKE, EXPLOIT as the Core Functions ... of warfare
    but, they predominate in the first Clear phase (may be present in all phases, situation dependent). Moving through Hold & Build, the phases look more like a combo of politfare (new term, I think) and lawfare (not a new term), moving to peacefare (I'll give this one to Bob's World, sans dinosaur).

------------------------
    Now for the popsicle:

BTW, I always thought the popular size verb was "matters" not "counts." Does it fit with the motto?
    The true scoop is in my link (in first page) to Percy's Progress:

The US version of the film includes several additional scenes shot by the American distributor, these include ... a scene in which a dwarf is seen jumping out of a woman’s bed leaving her to say the film's American title ‘Its Not the Size That Counts’ .....
    Or more completely, "It's not the size that counts. It's how you use it that matters."

Which in the case of us dwarfs is a very important principle of life.
    Last edited by jmm99; 05-31-2009 at 06:41 PM.