One KIA, one WIA (it will not be classified as such, but it should be) at Little Rock Army Recruiting Station - many stories on the wire - Story 1 and Story 2.

FBI Investigating Suspect In Little Rock Army Recruiter Shooting
June 2, 2009 11:26 a.m. EST

Kris Alingod - AHN Contributor
Little Rock, AR (AHN) - The FBI is investigating the suspect in the shooting at a Little Rock Army recruiting center on Monday, which killed one soldier and wounded another.

According to reports, a 24-year-old U.S. citizen named Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad faces first-degree murder and 15 counts of engaging in a terrorist act. Muhammad is a Muslim convert who changed his name from Carlos Bledsoe. He recently moved to Little Rock from Nashville.

ABC reports that Muhammad had recently traveled to Yemen, where he was arrested for using a Somali passport. "There doesn't appear to be a wider conspiracy or, at this point in time, any indication that he's a part of a larger group or a conspiracy to go further," Little Rock Police Chief Stuart Thomas is quoted as saying. Nonetheless, the FBI's Joint Terrorist Task Force is investigating if Muhammad had acted alone.

There were several people at the recruiting center when Muhammad fired while driving by in his truck. Privates William Long, 23, and Quinton Ezeagwula, 18, were standing outside and hit. Long died but Ezeagwula was wounded and is expected to recover. Both victims had not yet been deployed.
More facts will surface on this one, I expect.

-----------------------------
Disclosure: The local Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines recruiting station is rented from me and has been for about 25 years. Not that long ago, that site was "hardened". At the time, I thought - OK, but who would attack it ? After this bit of news, the expenditure (paid for by USG) makes more sense.