I've been looking for a comprehensive list of suggested reading for future advisors, and haven't found much. I know that there are a number of works out there just in the Marine Corps Gazette, I'm sure that the Army's journals have an article or two as well. So, what I'd like to do is start sort of an informal listing of works that you think would be good reading for future TT members. I've started with a short list that is by no means exhaustive, just to get the ball rolling:

FM 3-07.1 Security Force Assistance

Maj Brian E. Russell, “Flipping the Switch: Advising Advanced Host-Nation Forces.” Marine Corps Gazette, January 2009.

CWO5 Terry L. Walker, “Lessons Learned: Valuable Information for Training or Advising Iraqis.” Marine Corps Gazette, June 2008.

1stLt Brett A. Friedman, “Training In Transition: A Call for Restructuring of Transition Team Training.” Marine Corps Gazette, June 2008.

Richard M. Cavagnol, LTC Richard L. Hayes and MAJ Daniel C. Turner, “From Vietnam to Iraq: Applying Lessons and Maturing the Advisor-Counterpart Relationship.” Marine Corps Gazette, January 2008.

Maj Christopher E. Phelps, Michelle Ramsden Zbylutt, and Jason Brunner, “Selecting and Training U.S. Advisors: Interpersonal Skills and the Advisor-Counterpart Relationship.” Marine Corps Gazette, March 2009.

Col Juan Ayala, “Reflections.” Marine Corps Gazette, March 2008.

Maj Jack A. Sile and LtCol James B. Higgings, “Intelligence Advising on the Military Transition Team.” Marine Corps Gazette, September 2008.

Combat Studies Institute, Occasional Paper #19—Advice for Advisors: Suggestions and Observations from Lawrence to the Present. Robert Ramsey, August 2006.

Combat Studies Institute, Occasional Paper #18—Advising Indigenous Forces: American Advisors in Korea, Vietnam, and El Salvador. Robert Ramsey, June 2006.

Daniel P. Bolger, “So You Want to Be an Advisor.” Military Review, January-February 2006.

David Donovan, Once a Warrior King.

Bing West, The Village.

Col G. H. Turley, The Easter Offensive: The Last American Advisors, Vietnam, 1972.

The Marine Advisor: Preparation for Duty Overseas : Motivational Comparison of U.S. Marine Advisors versus Arab Muslims, June 2006.

Communion in Conflict: The Marine Advisor, Volume II, 1975.

Communion in Conflict: The Marine Advisor, Volume III, Vietnam 1954-1973, March 2006 (ongoing).

Communion in Conflict: The Marine Advisor in the Middle East, March 2006 (ongoing).