Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eichenlaub View Post
The details of al Qaeda members sitting inside Saddam's prisons would be a fascinating story, would it not? Naming the names of those involved and who made the decision to jail them and why, would it not? Would it not be a fascinating tale to have one of Saddam's former Mukhabarat agents, tasked with watching al Qaeda, Ansar al Islam, or the Taliban tell of how and where he did this?
To some, perhaps those things are fascinating for some odd reason. To most Americans I suspect they'll be of little if any interest. Such knowledge will produce no tangible effect.
Would examples of limited cooperation not also be a story countless people would be fascinated hearing the details of?
Highly doubtful.
This stuff is going to come out one day and perhaps the "what if's" of it all can be addressed some time after all the information is out, which is what I am trying to do. Sorry if that offends some people.
It's not offensive and as you say, it will all come out some day -- about 2025 -2030, I think -- when the relevant stuff is declassified.

Until then you are it seems probably fruitlessly pursuing your agenda as is your right. Here though, agendas and partisanship are not particularly welcome because they interfere with logical discussion and most people here are concerned with the practical and tomorrow -- and with warfighting, not politics or the esoterica of intelligence. Yesterday is of little relevance unless that history affects warfighting. Your stated objective does not address warfighting and the intelligence value has virtually no warfighting implications. The political effort may have value to you and thus, you and your blog can certainly pursue it -- but I doubt it'll get much traction here.