Hello

I am working on a paper that debates making changes to the current formation of the Army to an Army suited for War and Nation building. My premise is as much as the population doesn't want to admit it the Army needs to incorporate units that nation build. I am advocating that the Army add units to either guard or active duty that can come in and help nation build. I know the first argument I got was the Army has engineers, Jag officers, ect. If any of you have been in the Army you know that the majority of engineers don't know how to work with power lines or sewers systems. Jag Lawyers barely know how to litigate much less judge on disputes in other country. The idea is the Army could make units that can be brought into a city and take over all major utilities and law operations. Basically these new units will free up combat troops for security operations while professionals work on civil systems. These specialized units would be helping to promote good will within the local population. My question is does anyone know of any other research being done on this subject? I appreciate any information anyone can provide. Thank you