Thread: My reaction to Gen. Petraeus's dissertation...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Default Miscellaneous history of Burma 1964

While stationed at the US Embassy in Pakistan, in the pre-MATS/MAC, et al world, when we only had Air Logistics Service, I controlled all US Air traffic in behalf of the upcountry base at Peshawar into and out of West Pakistan.

Thus I occasionally, only a Lieutenant (non-rated) you understand, manifested myself to inspect and check out the routes.

Thus I was able to take an ALS flight into and back from Rangoon, then Burma, the last such flight before they closed Burma to the rest of the world. Bought some nice narrow width 100% silk ties, was gawked at by a bunch of local military folks (guards etc.) and did not RON there...Burmese military wanted us in and out same day.

Not worth much but an odd bit of old history vs. today's still closed to the outside world "Burma" in it's renamed format.

Default Just War theory is full of fail

I may only fifteen but has this theory that romans came up with even follwed by them ? This reminds me of the hilarious stance of some that war should be proportional (recent gaza conflict).