Thread: Observing Iran (catch all historical thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Iranian Army turns?

I am puzzled at this letter, having read the original article and some of the wishful thinking comments that followed. Pajamas Media is a new blogsite to me and appears sall I say slightly conservative in outlook.

Given the skill shown by the Iranian state in diplomacy for many years could this skill have been applied to the "letter from the Army"? Would any Iranian military officer sign such a letter which issues a warning to the regime, I think not.

Have any of the more Iran focused websites reported or followed up the story, which appeared in a Dutch magazine - Holland is a country not known for its Iranian links, in fact another country in the region has better relations with the Dutch (fill in this space at your leisure).
    davidbfpo

There is all sorts of buzz about the current goings-on in the MSM, to the point of some claiming that this could mean irrevocable changes (perhaps revolutionary?) in the status quo of that country.

Thoughts or other observations?

Default Doubtful that we'll see irrevocable changes

Wish I could be more optimistic, but the Iranian regime will lash out violently at any hint of real rebellion. Our best course is to support democracy against tyranny and let the world draw their conclusions on who we mean. Lots of middle east countries fit the description. There is a real internal trend towards replacing the current Iranian regime, but it will take much more than we have seen. Best of luck to real freedom fighters (as opposed to terrorist poseurs).