In article posted by David,

All this presents us with an unexpected problem. Gas is cheap, abundant and low-carbon. There could well be vast untapped resources of it in Europe. The Chinese may find their own supply, turning the global gas equation from one of excess demand to one of too much supply. All told, shale could be the biggest energy breakthrough since the North Sea oil discoveries of the 1960s. If so, it will be time for our energy planners to head back, once again, to the drawing board.
Interesting, and while I have read several article on new NG finds, I have also read others that indicate these new gas finds are rapidly depleted once exploitation starts, much faster than anticipated. Need to research this one some more. The other obstacle, or opportunity, is for gas to replace either coal or oil, there is a considerable amount infrastructure work required to make this feasible. You can't move gas in the same pipelines you push crude in (compressors instead of pumps) or in the same type of rail cars you move coal in. I hope the article is accurate, but I remain skeptical.

Rick M,

I'm surprised that the news of EXxon-Mobil sabotaging oil wells in Texas is making the headlines (makes you wonder who owns the media). They don't seem to be denying it, just claiming that is too late to press charges?