If a country like Romania peaked decades ago and is down by 68%, I think we can conclude that the world has almost certainly lost an important oil producer. We can debate the time-lines and the circumstances & "ifs" in each country, but the overall trend seems pretty clear: we have a growing list of countries whose oil production is well below a prior production peak, and has been so for many years. Whether that prior peak is "the peak" remains to be seen.

RickM,

OMG! You make laugh You just won't give up! You persist in propagating the myth of Peak Oil. I have already showed you and the others here how Hubbert was full of mierda. Now that you are on the ropes you want to highlight the Romanian problem in your desperation to look legitimate.

The Romanian oil industry is in shambles, not because they have "peaked," but simply because they have mismanaged. They are as dumb as the Russians, actually dumber. Consider that Russian oil is easier for them to purchase then for them to get off of their lazy mismanaged butts and produce their own fields. Think Greece with an oil company.

Here's my suggestion to you. Get your butt on an airplane and go visit a Romanian oilfield. You will find half of the oil that the fields produce just laying on the ground there in puddles. Don't forget to take your knee-high galoshes. Sheeesh!

Now would you please quit posting on this subject so that I can go away?