Quote Originally Posted by Brett Patron View Post
I'd offer that it will require far more than merely an "approach". Rather, it will require a truly "all-hands-on-deck" orchestrated way of conducting business.
I agree, but I'm not sure how to deal with some of the witless & tiresome turf battles that usually go with those types of efforts. We can't afford them anymore, and they're one aspect of dealing with these problems that's been pretty persistently an issue. The only thing I can come up with to deal with that aspect of the 'whole government' problem is to change the ground rules some to bias decisions in favor of provable examples of capacity for creating results with these problems. I know that type of approach would cut out some of the claims of being able to do everything while producing nothing, as well as probably cause some pain as ambitions & sugarplum visions hit the hard wall of 'what are your past results?'.

This is a realm where people respect the doing, not the fancy smack talking. We've had over a decade of a lot of talking without enough doing, without the results we need, and that has to change.