Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
Bourbon I accept your points.

My concern was not for an 'active shooter' attack, but the likely crossover between aspiring a Jihadi and "ordinary decent criminals" in the acquisition of a firearm and ammunition. There has been very little known crossover between the two; a matter of choice given the risks to both.

The second is whether LE have to assume Jihadi suspects have access to firearms when mounting arrest operations when there is no actual intelligence they have weapons. It is a fact that invariably new items or indicators of criminal activity are only discovered in post-arrest searching - fraud is often found.
Fair enough. But that has to do with the UK's legal system and culture - and it's near total prohibition of firearms; which frankly I won't even pretend to understand!

I would ask what does it suggest, if such crossover as you described, is occurring in the UK?

As to the question of assuming a terrorist suspect's access to firearms when mounting arrest operations; I would be disturbed to hear that this is not the default assumption - but again, see my comment about me not understanding the British.