Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
Citing one line by Outlaw09:

From my media watching that is simply wrong. The bomb went off in a public area, the venue's foyer is adjacent to and open to a train station concourse. He did not access the concert venue itself. The bomb detonated as the early concert leavers entered the public area, but the singer gave one more final son so most people stayed inside.

That is why the British Transport Police, who cover the railway network, had initial primacy as it was in their jurisdiction. The BTP always have a uniform presence at such a station.

On the move more maybe later.
I am no SME by any means, but I am making an initial assumption that large events now possess at least minimal/reasonable levels of superficial security, and that attackers such as these may simply adapt slightly and look for offset non-secure choke points where people briefly mass.

When I think of the leaked technology/techniques used by UK Forces checkpoints in Northern Ireland in the 1970's/80's for intelligence analysis of IRA activity, I'm hopeful the heavy concentration of CCTV in U.K. mixed with Moore's Law will provide additional tools for LE leading up to an attack.

I would imagine CCTV footage of every single known suicide bomber and support team getting crunched for big data analysis for human behaviour pattern recognition might provide some potential early warning, like a pre-crime version of gunshot locators. Same goes for International Entry Customs CCTV.

I'm guessing an AI data scientist/human behaviour psychologist could fill in their own paycheque right about now.