Thread: Ralph Peters loses his mind ... justifies execution of US Soldier by Taliban

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ralph Peters loses his mind ... justifies execution of US Soldier by Taliban

Continuing his descent into madness, Ralph Peters strikes again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL9P6...layer_embedded
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?

Default He's listening to troop rumors.

They are not good and Joe is less kind than was Ralph. True or not, I don't know but tales are out there.

Default Pretty much the desired result...

...of the hostage video - kill morale, sow division, shock value...

Clearly some folks understand that better than others.

I haven't heard the RUMINT on this, but (assuming everyone's a rational actor), I can't believe that either a.) this guy just left the confines of the FOB on his own and started walking or b.) this guy thought of deserting in the middle of Afghanistan. Where was he going to go? Why not go to Canada on R&R leave?

Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Default It all has to run it's course

Like I said since this SWJ discussion on this topic began there are unknowns and the less we say, in my view, the better off the official efforts and process will be.

It now just has to run it's course.

Council Member

The first words Ralph says in that interview: "Julie, I want to stress first of all, that we must wait until all the facts are in before we make a final judgment, but..."

Hey Ralph, why don't you STFU until we get our soldier back.

And really, until we do get him back we won't really know if he left on his own or why.

As far as training goes, can someone tell me if the Army still trains the majority of its personnel to the SERE level A standard, which is simply the annual code-of-conduct training, or have they upgraded to the sere level B, which is much more rigorous (Special Forces, pilots and others with a high risk of capture already get level C).

LTC Peters lost his value as an analyst long ago. He's just a screeching head nowadays. I can't remember the last interesting thing he wrote, but that crazy reapportioned map of the Middle East/South Asia he made up awhile ago did generate a hell of a lot of conspiracy theories in both regions. A friend of mine's father still likes to wave it around as evidence that the U.S. is plotting to split up Pakistan.

Ralph Peters ceased to pique my interest years ago. I hate that ACG gives a page every issue to his politicized bombast.
    Brant
    Wargaming and Strategy Gaming at Armchair Dragoons
    Military news and views at GrogNews

“their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of ‘rights’… and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure.” Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers 1959

Play more wargames!

Council Member

This guy, Peters, is pure garbage and should have been recognized as such long ago. One statement made me wonder though, "as I'll tell you, as any 11B infantryman will tell you..." Was he ever an 11B?

Default Neil, there is no continued descent into madness:

As I suggested in a few posts nearly two years ago, this guy arrived there a while ago.

Polemicism of the type routinely pushed out by Peters is not analysis, is not useful (except to polarise the'average man' )and definitely is not entertaining.
    Cheers

MTO