with your analysis, Schmedlap. SF guys should go for their Masters as senior O3s or junior O4s - ILE time. Frankly, that is a pretty good time for all officers to get theirs. They tend to know enough to separate the BS from the good stuff and have enough experience to teach their profs and peers something as well.
Agreed also on undergrad education. Any officer to be who is likely to be in an advisory role (SF or not) should be encouraged to major in the social sciences, history, foreign language, or classics (if you doubt the value of the last, consider Nate Fick). And regardless of major, a working knowledge of a modern foreign language is a must. (Again see the Mosul Case Study.) I would also suggest this kind of education for our NCOs who will go to similar kinds of jobs. For SF NCOs I think civilian education time should be part of their career progression after some time in the groups. Exactly when that should be, I leave to the professionals in the field.
Although I have become a fan of online education, especially after having taught some courses at AMU, I think the kind of education we are discussing here is best done in the traditional setting where face to face communication takes place and the schoolhouse is the only job at hand. Reflection time is a critical factor and that means reducing the distractions of a real job.

Cheers

JohnT