Quote Originally Posted by Chowing View Post
Seems now the rhetoric will change. The Brits lost a lot of cred. for the failed rescue. They will try to ease the damage, at home and internationally, by now saying what some have said for some time that BH does have links to AQIM and other jihadist groups.
The failed op will probably be blamed on the Nigerian team (incapable, lack of intel, etc.) and swept under the rug.

I was unaware of BH claiming they kidnapped the engineers nearly a year ago. I believe the credit simply goes to "a militant group". Kidnapping has been going on for years in that region. Considering how Jaja feels about the competence of the Nigerian police and security services, I am unlikely to believe something an "SSS source" unanimously decides to leak to the press . I doubt the rhetoric will change, but the kidnapper's strategy will indeed change for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowing View Post
With the story you just reported Kingjaja, it seems that BH is not slowing down with the Bristish forces showing up.
That's a good point, Chowing ! Why would BH slow down just because the Brits came in to rescue two engineers from "a militant group or splinter"? The renewed attack on a police station just tells me the Nigerian police have gone laxed thinking they are invincible following a slow period of activity. This is so typical that even they should have known not to let their guard down. A minor victory, but they have yet to win the war.