Quote Originally Posted by KingJaja View Post
I might be wrong and the Daily Trust is quoting the police.
I believe they are quoting the local hire cop at the embassy. Those tend to be better fed, paid and trained, and, generally don't BS the regional security officer.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJaja View Post
I just don't know. It is perfectly possible that teens could be fooling around, I just don't know. Never heard of fireworks around any embassy before in Nigeria and the US embassy isn't exactly in a heavily populated area. It is a fortress like building in a semi-isolated part of Abuja (near the Chinese embassy which is also quite impressive - somebody is trying to make a statement here).
I checked out the area with our maps today. There is literally tons of room for young boys to get into trouble around the embassy - did you not do stupid things in your childhood ? May have to send you back to the States and show you how we blew up jack-o'-lanterns right across the street from the White House

As for the fortresses - remember the theory about the weakest link ?
The UN could pay better attention to why we don't have any more vehicles speeding into our embassies. No straight path - real simple stuff that a lot of people had to die for before we figured out the obvious.