Thread: Iraq: Insurgent targeting metrics pre/post surge

Banned

Default Iraq: Insurgent targeting metrics pre/post surge

I've trying to find a graphical presentation for insurgent targeting metrics specifically post 'shock and awe' (2003-05) and pre/post 'surge' (2006-08), but haven't had much luck. I'm looking for statistics that relate to who is being targeted, more so than how they are being targeted at the moment, if I can get both that would be great. Any help would be appreciated.

Banned

Might reword the request. Is it possible to find a peer reviewed statistical analysis of 'deaths in Iraq' caused by insurgent actions which has been accepted as a accurate account? Or, am I looking at 'inconclusive' data for most of the published data? Most of the reports I've come across, such as 'The Lancet Report' methodology has been heavily criticised via peer review. Is this a lost cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
    Might reword the request. Is it possible to find a peer reviewed statistical analysis of 'deaths in Iraq' caused by insurgent actions which has been accepted as a accurate account? Or, am I looking at 'inconclusive' data for most of the published data? Most of the reports I've come across, such as 'The Lancet Report' methodology has been heavily criticised via peer review. Is this a lost cause?
    Most likely, since all the US Military's data on such things (which it has) is classified and will remain so for the foreseeable future. Even that data has serious quality control issues though. Fog of war and all that, plus, if you're being ambushed, you don't usually stick around to count damage afterward, so claims and counterclaims abound, hence many of the Lancet issues.
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?