Thread: Civil Military Fusion Centre Civil-Military Intel/Predepl Resource - AFGH-NE AFRC

Council Member

Default Civil Military Fusion Centre Civil-Military Intel/Predepl Resource - AFGH-NE AFRC

Hello all,

Having been introduced to your organization through LTC James Gavrilis and Doug Nash, I am reaching out regarding an experiment on civil-military relations and interaction, sponsored by NATO Allied Command Transformation Headquarters. This experiment is called the “Civil Military Fusion Centre” (CFC) based out of Norfolk, Virginia, and has been running since January 2008. It's a free resource to persons working on civil affairs / civil military relations. SEE BELOW FOR INFO ON GETTING AN ACCOUNT.

The CFC is an organization dedicated to enhancing information sharing between civil and military actors concerned with the same operational or engagement space. It works together with, and not in competition with, other information sharing tools that may be employed by NATO, the UN, EU, IOs, NGOs, government organizations, businesses and the academic community. Developed as a prototype of a previous information-sharing initiative, the CFC is currently striving to improve is ability to facilitate information sharing between parties in the field, policy decision-makers, and representatives associated with the management of complex crises. At this time, we are focused on the events unfolding in North East Africa and Afghanistan, but are also interested in civil-military interaction issues at large.

As the Outreach Liaison, my role requires me to contact and work with a variety of civilian and military organizations to advance and enhance their interaction with one another, particularly as it relates to information sharing on crisis response operations. If you are interested in having a your organization linked to our website, please let me know, and we can set up a meeting for us to discuss the opportunities in greater detail. Our “Civil Military Overview” website is found at www.cimicweb.org, and I look forward to discussing future shared interests in this area. In the event that you would like to sign up for a CMO Account, please feel free to use my name as a sponsor and do not hesitate to contact me anytime if you have any questions. If you need an email address, please PM me for contact information.

Warm regards,

Rachel Azoulay

(HOOAH)
    Last edited by Jedburgh; 08-06-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Removed e-mail.

Hi Rachel,

Looks like a great site - access request sent.

Cheers,

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Thumbs up Join up: great site!

Thanks to Rachel, MarcT and I have joined up - simple process and using her name as the point of contact helps. Visited last night and loads of stuff available on a variety of Afghan subjects - OK, I looked at security mainly. Some in-country pppts on IED for an outsider help to give context.

davidbfpo

Talking Finally

got rid of the technical gremlins at my end and signed up to the site. Looking forward to it - I can see it keeping my nascent civil affairs team productively occupied for quite some time!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    got rid of the technical gremlins at my end and signed up to the site.
    I hope some of your IT people survived the process !

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    Looking forward to it - I can see it keeping my nascent civil affairs team productively occupied for quite some time!
    Definitely! It is a really nice site with a lot of good material.
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Will there be a SIPRnet version?
    "The status quo is not sustainable. All of DoD needs to be placed in a large bag and thoroughly shaken. Bureaucracy and micromanagement kill."
    -- Ken White

"With a plan this complex, nothing can go wrong." -- Schmedlap

"We are unlikely to usefully replicate the insights those unencumbered by a military staff college education might actually have." -- William F. Owen

Council Member

Default Updates

Maritime Civil Affairs Group, Center for Complex Operations, Army JAG, and Development Gateways have agreed to share detailed activities and reports on the site, so there will be a lot of technical and aesthetic changes coming about after NATO's migration to an ISA system/new architecture...

SIPRNET-class information is shared on a one-by-one basis if a RFI is initiated.

The purpose of this site is to provide civilians and military with a truly common operating picture, so information presented must be no higher than unclass (not, non-class, mind you).

More to come folks, interactive GIS with markers coming our way....

Rach
    "Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war." Thucydides

"Philosophising about war is useless under fire." Linda Berdoll

http://phoenix.mod.bg