Thread: Deterrence of Irregular Threats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default When I say us, I don't mean us as individuals

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    that most of this posturing about fear and terror is correct.

Of course, I don't live in a metro area with metrosexuals and various '_uppy' types...
    I mean "Us" as the collective political decision makers and the fears that they heap in the "risk" and "threat" boxes that all contribute to shaping the decisions that are made.

To be certain, I never ment to imply that Ken White was scared, after all:

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself… The only thing fear has to fear is Ken White!"
    Robert C. Jones
    Intellectus Supra Scientia
    (Understanding is more important than Knowledge)

"The modern COIN mindset is when one arrogantly goes to some foreign land and attempts to make those who live there a lesser version of one's self. The FID mindset is when one humbly goes to some foreign land and seeks first to understand, and then to help in some small way for those who live there to be the best version of their own self." Colonel Robert C. Jones, US Army Special Forces (Retired)

Cool I don't think they're scared either, most of them at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
    I mean "Us" as the collective political decision makers and the fears that they heap in the "risk" and "threat" boxes that all contribute to shaping the decisions that are made.
    They may use manufactured 'fear' for political games, almost certainly will, however the real fearful crew in all professions, trades and walks of life -- even soldiering -- hovers at < 20%.

Oh -- and I am not in that collective you labeled "us." You may be but I'm sure not.

I fear a lot of things, mostly involving people who don't really understand all they know about what they're doing and just 'do' anyway. That pretty well includes most politicians, among others. Way too many others. That number hovers near 50%, I think. That's scary. Fanatics of any stripe aren't scary but they do bear considerable watching. Possessors of the Holy Grail or the Final Solution also need watching but they aren't fear inspiring...

Fear is an overused word -- just like Terror.