Thread: Campaign and Development Plans for SFA

Council Member

Default Campaign and Development Plans for SFA

ALCON,

I've been tasked to come up with a campaign and development plan for our Brigade MiTT, and since I think I missed that class at MCCC, I thought I'd see if anyone here could help. Does anyone have a good example of a campaign and development plan for a foreign security force? An example from an Iraqi Army MiTT would be ideal, but anything will help.

Please contact via PM to obtain POC information.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jedburgh; 08-21-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Council Member

Get on JKO and go to JCISFA's website. There are a lot of useful tools there.

Also, if you could define in just a little more detail exactly what you're looking for, some of the rest of us can help.

Pls PM me and I'll shoot you some of the stuff I've collected.

Council Member

Heh, once I've figured out a definition, I'll happily pass it along, but right now I'm working to figure it out myself. This is more along the lines of a operations order geared towards outlining our plan for assessing, then advising and assisting our Iraqi Army counterparts. If anyone has a different campaign or development plan for an FSF counterpart that is not in an operations order format (i.e. PPT slides), I'll gladly take any input I can get. I will also put up any finished products that I have on AKO when I've successfully cracked this nut.

You might want to check out the Mosul Case Study by Rob Thornton, John Fishel and myself (original version here, version with missing chapter here). Rob has some really good ideas that can help shape your design, and his work has influenced JCISFA while he was there. You may also want to check out what threads Rob has started in this forum since he tends to use the SWC as an idea bouncing place.

Cheers,

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/