Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
Does your edition include the diagram of the committee system, Figure 2, Chapter 3? - The PIO, for example, is almost certainly special branch.
I'd also refer you to the last paragraph of Chapter 5. "In conclusion..." Yes he states Army officers should be able to advise and assist, but in the non-violent phase, the Army are supporting the Police - Northern Ireland saw some 28+ years of "policy Primacy."

In fact the more I read and re-read Kitson, Paget, and even Samay Ram (Indian Army's Kitson) the more I believe the "80% political, 20% military" is merely a re-statement of Clausewitian observation.
Yep got it.....dosen't say special branch on my diagram.....also slide across the diagram....it says single commander system...means military commander does it not? now read page 92 which references chapter 3 and how the military has to be trained to do it because the regular government forces may not be able to do it. I forget the page numbers but he also says they (soldiers) should build schools and teach school and run clinics and build roads,etc. also check page 87 for "Drowning the revolution in babies milk".