Thread: TRADOC Senior Leaders Conference

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TRADOC Senior Leaders Conference

SWJ / SWC’s Dave Dilegge, Robert Haddick and Dr. Marc Tyrrell will be attending the U.S. Army’s Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) Senior Leaders Conference, 18 – 20 August. All three will be live-blogging on SWJ and posting in this forum concerning issues raised and discussed by TRADOC leadership. We will entertain your questions and comments and pass those along to conference attendees. Stay tuned for more background information on the conference.
    Last edited by SWJED; 08-04-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Default From US Army Training and Doctrine Command

Small Wars Journal Community - General Martin Dempsey, CG, TRADOC is excited about this opportunity to partner with Small Wars Journal in telling the story of Army institutional adaptation and the role that TRADOC serves as the proponent for leader development, training, doctrine, initial military training, and concept development and integration.

Our TSLC agenda is built around the following objectives that support the conference's "Next Battles" theme and reinforce our focus on the future as our Army prepares to return to a 1:2 BOG/DWELL:

• Examining and discussing TRADOC’s institutional adaptation progress.
    • Discussing how the TRADOC Campaign Plan (TCP) is being synchronized and aligned across the lines of operation.
    • Exploring and demonstrating the convergence of the TCP and the Army's Enterprise efforts.
    • Demonstrating how we will replicate the richness of soldiers' experiences in the fight to the training base.

Over the coming weeks we welcome your comments and questions and encourage you to monitor and provide comment during the live blogging portion of the TSLC.

"Victory Starts Here"
    Last edited by SWJED; 08-06-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Default Tcp

RFI - I've searched for the TRADOC Campaign Plan online but to no avail. Request a link or a pdf version to post here as background. Thanks.

Default Army Posture Statement 2009

As a starting point - here is the Army Posture Statement 2009.

Can we post questions (knowing they may not be answered)?
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Default Can we also post answers

hoping they will raise questions? Seriously.

Default To the Small Wars Journal Community from TRADOC Senior Leaders

Thanks for your participation in our recent senior leader conference at Gettysburg. I was struck by the level of interest and the thoughtful conversations that ensued both leading up to and during the conference. I want to especially thank Dave Dilegge, Robert Haddick, and Marc Tyrell for their live blogging efforts that certainly reinforced our goal to articulate the many efforts currently underway at TRADOC in building a 21st Century expeditionary Army. I look forward to continuing the dialogue and partnership with this esteemed community of professionals.

General Dempsey,

Speaking solely for myself, I want to thank you both for inviting us to participate and for the welcome we received while there. I truly believe that efforts such as this towards transparency and engaging the public can and will be useful.
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
    General Dempsey,

Speaking solely for myself, I want to thank you both for inviting us to participate and for the welcome we received while there. I truly believe that efforts such as this towards transparency and engaging the public can and will be useful.
    GEN Dempsey,

I echo Marc's response - it was both professionally and personally rewarding.

--Dave Dilegge