Thread: State Dept HIU Conference 14-15 Sept, Civil Military Fusion Center

Council Member

Default State Dept HIU Conference 14-15 Sept, Civil Military Fusion Center

Hello all,

First, I just thought to mention the Humanitarian Intelligence Unit Conference on Best Practices for Info-sharing tools/techniques/TTP at the State Dept 14-15th of Sept. The point of contact for the symposium is Lieutenant Colonel XXXXX, Civil Affairs Military Liaison to the HIU or XXXXXXX, Humanitarian Information Analyst. Let me know if you are interested in more information.

Second, I am reaching out again regarding an experiment on civil-military relations and interaction, sponsored by NATO Allied Command Transformation Headquarters. This experiment is called the “Civil Military Fusion Centre” (CFC) based out of Norfolk, Virginia, and has been running since January 2008. It's a free resource to persons working on civil affairs / civil military relations. SEE BELOW FOR INFO ON GETTING AN ACCOUNT.

The CFC is an organization dedicated to enhancing information sharing between civil and military actors concerned with the same operational or engagement space. It works together with, and not in competition with, other information sharing tools that may be employed by NATO, the UN, EU, IOs, NGOs, government organizations, businesses and the academic community. Developed as a prototype of a previous information-sharing initiative, the CFC is currently striving to improve is ability to facilitate information sharing between parties in the field, policy decision-makers, and representatives associated with the management of complex crises. At this time, we are focused on the events unfolding in North East Africa and Afghanistan, but are also interested in civil-military interaction issues at large.

As the Outreach Liaison, my role requires me to contact and work with a variety of civilian and military organizations to advance and enhance their interaction with one another, particularly as it relates to information sharing on crisis response operations. If you are interested in having a your organization linked to our website, please let me know, and we can set up a meeting for us to discuss the opportunities in greater detail. Our “Civil Military Overview” website is found at www.cimicweb.org, and I look forward to discussing future shared interests in this area. In the event that you would like to sign up for a CMO Account, please feel free to use my name as a sponsor and do not hesitate to contact me anytime if you have any questions. If you need an email address, please PM me for contact information.

Warm regards,

Rachel Azoulay

(HOOAH)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war." Thucydides

"Philosophising about war is useless under fire." Linda Berdoll

http://phoenix.mod.bg

Council Member

Thumbs up www.cimicweb.org

I checked out the NEA part of your site. Probably the most comprehensive and accurate summary of open source material I've seen. Kudos to your team.