Another recurring theme in many of today's discussions was the human dimension of Army operations and the requirements this dimension places on TRADOC to ensure Army requirements are met. As background, please see TRADOC Pamphlet 525-3-7-01, 1 Apr 08: U.S. Army Study of the Human Dimension in the Future 2015-2024.

Summary. TRADOC Pamphlet (Pam) 525-3-7-01, The U.S. Army Study of the Human Dimension in the Future 2015-2024 is the first of two human dimension documents. It provides the background study and analysis for the follow-on concept, The U.S. Army Concept of the Human Dimension in the Future 2015-2024. This pamphlet is a comprehensive research document outlining the future operational environment and its impact on the triad of the moral, cognitive, and physical components of the human dimension. It addresses as well the impact and considerations of stress, human capital strategies, science and technology, and leadership on the human dimension. This pamphlet contains a series of questions for further study and required capabilities to support the human dimension across the DOTMLPF domains.
The human dimension comprises the moral, cognitive, and physical components of Soldier and organizational development and performance essential to raise, prepare, and employ the Army in full spectrum operations.
At times I had a hard time grasping just what the human dimension was and what it wasn't, but that was probably me and how I think about such things. On a break I asked a COL to explain it to me – to break it down into its most basic level – and he did - it's about putting the right soldier, in the right place, at the right time. While that might sound like a simple task, it really isn't in regards to how many define the future operating environment.

Thoughts?