Thread: It's a virtual world (?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post I've always felt that one of the best ways to do something like that

Would be to coordinate with various institutions internationally and using the basic premise behind the training tool stuff have real live people actually make a living doing exactly that in a 3d environment of some sort.

WoW and other simply serve as proof of principle for can it be done. The trick would be buy-in from those you'd require to actually make it happen.
    Any man can destroy that which is around him, The rare man is he who can find beauty even in the darkest hours

Cogitationis poenam nemo patitur

Council Member

Default I alwasys make a distinction between

Case Method and Case Studies. The latter are research tools that take a particular case from its beginning to its end. Case Method teaching, by contrast, takes the case from its start point to the point of decision and demands that the students make that decision. Typically, it then provides data on what was actually done and the consequences of the action taken.
    Frankly, a good asynchronous discussion lends itself well to Case method teaching. The instructor in such a situation is really quite naturally in a facilitator role. I can also see it being used relatively easily in a synchronous mode. And, setteing the stage by downloading some sort of video presentation would be an easy fit. So, all in all, I see it as a promising tool with all the usual caveats about doing it well.

Cheers

JohnT