Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
Who defines what are the "root causes"? There is an underlying assumption that the commanders will be able to identify them which, IMO, is all sorts of hubris.
Interestingly enough the underlying assumption for me here would be if they couldn't they'd be taking the time to find someone who could.

Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
In theory, this sounds wonderful, but what if the underlying problem is some ID10t error of a politician or a trans-national corporation with lots of "friends" in DC? Should this be understood as a doctrinal rationale for the assassination of home grown (i.e. US politicians)?

Okay, I'll admit that may appear to be a touch on the reductio ad absurdam side but, given the beliefs of many in the world, I don't think it is too far out. There is what I can only describe as a very dangerous lack of limits placed on the way this concept is expounded.
In regards to the first you fight the battles your given not the one's you choose(sorta) wasn't there this old saying about spilled milk

As for limitations, have you seen anywhere yet that the final products already well institutionalized are going away?