Thread: State dept Responds to General Zinni

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Latitude 17° 5' 11N, Longitude 120° 54' 24E, altitude 1499m. Right where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubalicious View Post
    Department of State Responds to General Anthony Zinni's "Smart Power" Proposal
    Two things in the response jumped out at me...

Here is where recent developments are moving fast and might not be visible to those outside of the U.S. Government.
    One wonders when they propose to make these developments visible... really, if the developments are only visible to those inside the tent, what impact are they going to have outside the tent?

S/CRS and its partners have already handled numerous small-scale deployments around the world in 25 hot spots, with a team of 20 currently in Afghanistan, and others in and out of places like Pakistan and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
    20 of 'em!! Now that's what I call commitment. Them Talibs must be shakin' in thar boots.

All in all... well, it's very passionate and very optimistic and the lad seems to have his heart in the right place... but I'll believe it's working when I see it working, and until I see it working I'll suspect that it's not, and hope somebody is exploring alternatives. Maybe I'm just a pissy old cynic, but there it is.
    Last edited by Dayuhan; 07-21-2010 at 05:33 AM.