Thread: Russia & Iran

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Russia & Iran

How do you feel in regards to this administration putting so much faith in Moscow not only to allow strict sanctions on Iran but to also see those through and help enforce them for as long as absolutely necessary? There are many that would argue that Russia wants to see us fail and in many respects I do agree with that notion. However, in the case of Iran it seems to me that allowing negotiations to fail would actually work against Russian interests. That’s assuming that they feel as if Iran would actually be attacked should proper sanctions not be upheld. As is a potentially defiant Iran gives them power within the region and of course they supply a huge amount of arms to them as well. So, would it be worth taking the risk of losing that, again assuming if push came to shove and we actually were to shove?

What are your thoughts on all of that? Are we dreaming in assuming that Russia will help us out with Iran? Please remember I come here to learn from the experts, so please don’t blast me if you feel that I’m posting anything outlandish. thanks
    Last edited by The Olive Sword; 10-02-2009 at 05:39 AM.