Thread: Pakistani internal security (catch all)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default George, thank you, for the start ...

from GLS
    I will try to find mapping which overlays these many, many tribes, subtribes, but finding such a map may take more than tonight's Internet scan.
    and great links (especially the third); but this seems more of a life's work - very complex.

The general concepts in the Pashtun tribal structure are very familiar to me. This looks very much like the Gaelic Irish structure ca. 1100 - and to a lesser extent, the fused Gaelic Irish and Norman-Welsh structures that existed from ca. 1200 to 1600.

For example, the Pashtun kohols unit, explained here from the third of your links, based on gg-grandfather down, is much the same as the Gaelic Irish extended family structure under Brehon Law.

The Gaelic Irish structure was very much cross-linked (horizontally and vertically), but with a much smaller population. Suffice to say that the wrong step in one house could bring 100s of houses down on your head.

The Pashtun structure (as in the Irish based on genealogies, whether mythical or factual) has to be an order or two of magnitude more complex.

Perhaps, we should have a new MOS - genealogical officer in charge.

Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    and great links (especially the third); but this seems more of a life's work - very complex.

The general concepts in the Pashtun tribal structure are very familiar to me. This looks very much like the Gaelic Irish structure ca. 1100 - and to a lesser extent, the fused Gaelic Irish and Norman-Welsh structures that existed from ca. 1200 to 1600.

For example, the Pashtun kohols unit, explained here from the third of your links, based on gg-grandfather down, is much the same as the Gaelic Irish extended family structure under Brehon Law.

The Gaelic Irish structure was very much cross-linked (horizontally and vertically), but with a much smaller population. Suffice to say that the wrong step in one house could bring 100s of houses down on your head.

The Pashtun structure (as in the Irish based on genealogies, whether mythical or factual) has to be an order or two of magnitude more complex.

Perhaps, we should have a new MOS - genealogical officer in charge.
    JMM, I nominate you openly on the SWJ to be our Geneological Officer in Charge. This said from this old Irishman to you as another younger Irishman.

Glad you like the sites I found of various levels of Pukhtun tribes, subtribes, etc. in this ongoing posting. Reading it up to a point once found gave me a huge headache and general dizzy feeling.

George

Council Member

Default George, the position is ....

from GLS
    JMM, I nominate you openly on the SWJ to be our Geneological Officer in Charge.
    totally beyond my kin, my ken and my kith - but thanks for the thought.

Having said that, I hope there is someone in our command structure who is able to understand this item from post # 7 of the blog you cite above ...

Originally Posted by Batoor
    Penjperies have very strong association with ISI.

Yes! Major Muhammad Aamir who is the son of Maulana Tahir,the founder of this sect is a well known retired Army officer & he was the head during mid-night Jakal operation ... now his elder brother Maulana Tayyeb is the head of this sect.
    and to apply whatever measures are required to meet the challenge of the Penjperies - whoever they are.

Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Default J-9 is, I think, the area of Genological Oversight!

When now retired four star General Fred Franks was a Brigadier they "created" a JCS-9 slot for him, which was a sort of catch all for goofy things like this tribal lineage stuff, among lesser on paper duties as best I can recall, that was back in 1990.

For details see: http://www.jfcom.mil/about/abt_j9.htm