Thread: A request for help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

I'm too ignorant to give specific advice, but you might want to contact the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL). They're doing work in similar areas and might be able to point you in a productive direction.

Good luck!

Default Seems a tad too easy, but

have you looked at FEDBID ?

When we were looking for an EOD Robot we just dumped the request and details there. Whoa Nellie ! Get ready for anything and everything.

The USG often looks there for straight forward purchases.

Good Luck !
    If you want to blend in, take the bus

The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Hi.

Amongst other things, I'm the Middle East Editor of Unmanned Vehicles

Drop me a PM, and I'll pass some info on.
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

@moderators: sorry I posted this in the wrong forum, thanks for moving it to the right one.

@zack: thanks for the kind words.

@Dr. C: Rock Chalk! (Yesterday's loss notwithstanding) I'll contact the Army Research Lab tomorrow morning. Thanks for the idea. I didn't even know that "Shark Tank" show existed. Looked like a business plan competition except everyone was hamming up like crazy for the cameras. And I take no official stance on acronym pronunciation.

@Entropy: I'll also contact the Air Force Research Lab tomorrow morning. It honestly hadn't occurred to me to try non Army branches of the military, thanks for the suggestion.

@Stan: I didn't know FEDBID existed. I've started the registration process and will complete it as soon as I find the pieces of paper with my CCR info on them. Thanks for pointing that place out. It looks promising.

@William F. Owen: PM sent.

Do we have a micro-grant program or something like that for bottom-up cases of innovation like Sean’s? Small grants for innovators outside of the r&d world to help get from idea to prototype. We are a nation of MacGyver’s; such a program could harness that strength.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    Do we have a micro-grant program or something like that for bottom-up cases of innovation like Sean’s? Small grants for innovators outside of the r&d world to help get from idea to prototype. We are a nation of MacGyver’s; such a program could harness that strength.
    That's what the SBIR program is supposed to be--Small Business Innovative Research grants to kick start R & D in areas that are interesting to DoD.
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    The greatest educational dogma is also its greatest fallacy: the belief that what must be learned can necessarily be taught. — Sydney J. Harris