Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eaton fires broadside at Cheney

Major Bill, here is 1997 Air Force study, go to chapter 3 and it has a good 5 rings analysis of a terrorist organization. Thought it might help you understand the utility of the model in a better way.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/acsc/97-0393.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    If Jakola is Finnish, just sign Bill the Finlander. Finlanders are never wrong, even if they are only half-Finlanders.

If Finnish, Kippis; if otherwise, Cheers

Mikko
    Mikko,

Terve, yes I am half Finn; and, I almost always let the stubborn Finn in me rule.

Bill the Half-Finn Jakola

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Major Bill, here is 1997 Air Force study, go to chapter 3 and it has a good 5 rings analysis of a terrorist organization. Thought it might help you understand the utility of the model in a better way.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/acsc/97-0393.pdf
    Slapout,

Thanks, I will read it.

Bill Jakola

Council Member

Last May, I had the opportunity to spend some time with Prof. John Adams in Minneapolis. He is probably one of the foremost experts in Economic Geography as relates to regional growth.

We discussed, at some length, the US approach to reconstruction versus the approaches that our schooling and research tells us will work.

I've read so many of those USAID sectoral value chain reports that I hope you will forgive me for skipping another one.

Last week, I was reading old documents about Louis Berger's work on mapping out the Iraqi electrical system in two months in 2003. A heroic effort, but, as I found out when I read the 2007 "Electricity Master Plans" from other consulting firms in Iraq, they were all relying on the same quick fly-bye done by Berger in 2003. Amazing that anyone could think that these kinds of quickie windshield tours, whether for dates or power, can actually provide anything other than a general guide...

My read of the dates business is that Iraqis know/knew more about dates that any American will ever learn. Their problems were in the systems that had been destroyed but not replaced. Give them electricity, water and mobility to market, and a little seed capital and market assistance, and they can restart their own date businesses without millions of dollars of US taxpayer assistance.

Steve

Default We agree, just wasn't sure about the context.

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    ...Warden thought it was a mistake(Iraq) from the beginning so he would not have gone. Relative to A'stan he thought and thinks Pakistan is the real issue.
    I agree. Iraq or something like ti was really needed but the timing was atrocious and we didn't do it at all well. I agree with him on Paksitan but that is one really tough nut...
    My personal view, it (911) should have been handled as an LE problem...Which in many cases would have to have envolved the Military...which I posted here several years ago (gee long time) you was here, you saw it......I think? Fits right in with Bob's World post a lot.
    Yep. To all. We parked our smart in the 60s, been downhill ever since...

Time for a Music break. The Beatles We Can Work It Out.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...7&FORM=VIVR10#

Dedicated to President Obama and General McChrystal.
    Last edited by slapout9; 10-27-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: fix some stuff