Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squad Leader's Mini-UAV and PDA?

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    What if, in addition to vari-tunable rover capability, one could text/IM over a bird controlled at the Co level? It doesn't resolve an issue of face-in-screen syndrome, admittedly.
    That is an interesting way to look at it. A hand off capability both to higher and to lower echelons. There was/were/are some experiments in LE to develop something like this capability.

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
    You maybe surprised

I concur, but you cannot say that folks far smarter and better re-sourced than you or I, have not thought about it and done all they possibly can to examine it - especially in an Army that is very short of money and one that cannot afford to loose a war against a peer competitor.
    I actually didn't say that at all.

It's a completely moot point anyway.
    Nobody is smarter than me!

About the "hand back" ability. We would need the ability for the leaders on the ground to mark points A, B and C and the respective angle of needed view and to let the K.I and/or higer ups do the rest. Keep us much hassle and weight as possible outsourced.

UAV have huge potential if well integrated into the overall observation and fighting business.

Firn